Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Video summary of trip

I had mentioned last time that we were going to have our team share with our church about our trip. We did that Sunday night. I think its really difficult to take an experience like we had in Juarez and share that with others so they really understand what happened or more importantly to feel what we felt - its just not something you can do. I think each of us on the team was impacted in a very deep way that words can't describe.

As part of the presentation, I created a 13 minute video summary of our trip. This video took a lot of time to create - I was up until 2 AM several nights working on it. I've watched this video several times now and every time I see it, my eyes fill with tears. Anyway, without more words that don't sufficiently express all God did, here's the video.


2 comments:

  1. Shannah & I just watched the video. Loved it! Wow, thanks so much, Calvin, for putting this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I am a Christian, working on border issues and Latino culture here in the United States. Your trips seem, like many groups who travel to Mexico to do little for long term solutions to violence and impoverishness in these communities. It makes the members of your church feel good when returning, as they have spread the good word. I urge your group to focus on financial resource gathering and a specific purpose that will have a permanent influence on a small circle in this area. We can affect change, but only though being very specific and a continual, not "feel good" effort.

    ReplyDelete