Thursday, April 9, 2009

Casa de Refugio Para Jovencitas Pictures

On Friday, we made our last trip into Juarez to visit the Casa de Refugio Para Jovencitas. This was probably the most emotional day for all of us as the stories told were heart wrenching. If you want to read about it, you can see my blog posts: Casa de Refugio. Here are the pictures (and as I've said before, if you want to see a bigger version, just click on the picture - just be sure to click the "back" button to return to the blog):

The team from Boise with the IFM staff just before getting on the bus for our last day in Juarez.

Maricruz runs the Casa de Refugio; she told us about the ministry and herself.



Some of our team, on the left side of the table, getting to know the girls.


Everyone busy working on the craft.



Tami shared a message from her heart and these are the girls that responded to her call to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior.




Given Spanish New Testaments to the new sisters in Christ.



Karen again took pictures of the girls. This is a picture Cameron took.



After we gave the girls prints of their pictures, many were embarrassed by their picture.



Though they were always ready to pose for a picture.



Cameron was always making new friends. Today it was Luis who was the son of one of the girls in the home. Luis is four years old - if I remember, his mom is 15.


We all went to an upstairs room where we first introduced our team and then several girls shared their testimonies.



Several girls did an interpretive dance. It spoke to the life on the streets they were leaving and relying on God.



The girl on the right is sharing her story. It was a heart wrenching story. She talked about losing her child because of her issues and how much she wanted her baby back.



Carrying each others burdens...


One last picture.
I have some videos as well - next I'm going to try to pull a few short clips and put them on the blog so check back in the next few days for that. Happy Resurrection Day to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. GOOD DAY TO ALL FROM CIUDAD JUAREZ

    Hi my name is Yara,
    I have recently read your
    blog. I want to start by
    Thanking you for your service.

    I was an inmate at Casa de Refugio
    with sister MaryCruz back in BellaVista.

    It was a blessing to had some missionaries
    coming in to visiting us and showing us
    the loving hard and compassion of Jesus.

    I have been back from a long mission in
    California. Im currently 28, and I decided
    to do a little research since me and my
    friends back in 2006 made great team.

    Things are much different now, and since
    the transition to the New Casa de Refugio,
    so I hear; and I can agree since my time
    back here in Ciudad Juarez. Now 4 years...

    I would like to link your paper work
    (I read most of the pages in your blog)
    since Id have many issues here in the city
    and I believe your words can help some
    of my Fb friends to take their own precautions
    before entering the country.

    May you are your ministry be in great hands.
    Many Blessings your way...

    ReplyDelete