Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Logistics, logistics, logistics...

I'm in the middle of lots of logistics - mostly normal stuff for any trip but with a few extra details:
  • We have to bring our own bedding
  • Since we are going into Mexico and back to the U.S. each day, we needed to have the right documentation to get back and forth. My son's passport had been chewed up by our dog a couple of years ago and we didn't bother to get it replaced. Fortunately, that came last week and we are good here.
  • One of the things we want to do is take pictures of some of the Mexican people we minister to, especially the kids at the orphanage and the girls' home and then give them a printed photo. I just found out last night that I have the same HP Ink Cartridges that I use for my HP printer as the ministry team in Texas! So I'm gathering up all the cartridges I can to bring with me.
  • Gather up medicines and heath supplements - need to have stuff to address the potential of Montezuma's revenge, allergies, or other health issues that might arise while we are on the trip.
  • I'm the designated "worship leader" for the trip. I was going to bring a portable keyboard with me (I took it on a 6 month mission trip to the South Pacific many years ago and it worked great, even on the island of Tanna in the Vanuatu's) but we decided that since we don't have a bunch of "singers" coming on the trip, we'll just do impromptu singing. Still, I'd like to get some MP3's of Spanish worship songs so that not everything we do is acapella.

There's a lot to do and I'm going to try to take tomorrow afternoon and Friday off to be sure we are all ready so you could pray for all of the team and our preparations to leave Sunday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - we also sent off for a duplicate birth certificate because you of course have to send that in with the passport application. They both came in the mail last week.

    ReplyDelete